The replace mechanic is one of the core features of Duelyst. It makes decks much more consistent and consequently, gameplay much quicker and smoother. Some neutral minions interact with replace, either giving you extra benefits for replacing or allowing you to replace more times per turn. Throw all these cards together and you get the core of a deck that can be run in any faction.
You want to mostly play for tempo, with the replace minions as backline value generators complementing whatever you have going on up front. Combo finish: If you can set up one of your three main payoff creatures and then drop a Theobule with a reasonably full action bar, you usually generate a game-winning amount of value. To enable this combo, you need draw power. Ideally you should use the best draw cards from your chosen faction, but Sworn Sister L’kian is a decent neutral option to quickly refill the action bar with replace fodder.
- Dreamgazer (only in swarmy lists)
- Wings of Paradise
- White Widow
- Inquisitor Kron
- Astral Crusader (still bad even after its buff, but can be played as a 1-of. Also, the sweetest sprite in the game.)
- Card advantage effects (putting cards into your Action Bar)
- Lyonar – Titan makes the deck competitively viable, even in S-rank. If you want to go full meme, Lionheart Blessing can be hilarious on White Widow. Decklists: Full meme, Titan.
- Songhai – Deathstrike Seal is funny on Widow. The curve also fits into Ox if you want to go that route. Decklists: Straight, Destiny.
- Vetruvian – Really good draw power and swarm synergies allows for a strong tempo build. Decklist.
- Abyssian – Good swarm support allows for a “slow swarm” playstyle. Curving Wings into Chakram also feels amazing. Decklist.
- Magmar – Good draw power and draw synergies. Decklist.
- Vanar – Circulus and Snow Chaser + Cryogenesis are decent draw engines. See decklist above.
Add a comment
(Edit: Deck Import Code added)
A hybrid between Oak in the Nemeton Trial and classic tempo Faie that seeks to win quickly with Nemeton when ahead but can also burn opponents down when behind on board.
A classic good-stuff Ciphyron deck that makes use of a replace core.
A Cassyva deck that looks to generate value through discounted effects. Deck by NH3Maser.
A Nemeton deck that uses a replace package.
High-skill tempo orientated Midrange deck using Jax Truesight + Razorback as a finisher.
This deck requires you to completely outplay your opponent. It won’t save you from direct damage. Amazingly satisfying deck to play.
Play boosted 5 drops value generators and out value your opponents (competes with wanderer)
This deck focuses around replacements shenanigans. Every time you replace, something fun happens!
Part of a series on neutral meme archetypes that can be played (with variable amounts of success) in any faction.
Part 9: Fliers.
A replace-focused Ragnora deck using Fractal Replication to amplify the power of your replaces.