Dispel is a powerful mechanic that really makes a difference in some matchups. If you make your deck immune to dispel (by relying on Opening Gambits and spells more than on-board effects), and take things a step further by running “drawback” minions with strong stats and dispellable downsides, then your area dispel effects are always good and can be gamebreaking.
These decks tend to be midrange. Most of the drawback minions have very high stats relative to their cost, so you’re generally hoping to win by beating down with a few large minions.
- Ephemeral Shroud – not ideal because it’s single-target, but still worthwhile in some builds
- in-faction – Sun Bloom for Lyonar and Chromatic Cold for Vanar are playable.
- Chaos Elemental – generally worse than Sellsoul
- Capricious Marauder
- in-faction – Songhai, Magmar, and Vanar have some of these.
A general with a nondispellable BBS
- Lyonar – Could go Titan, although there is anti-synergy with EMP. Would certainly catch people by surprise though! Decklist.
- Songhai – Has a good drawback minion in Hamon Bladeseeker. Could also go Ox, which has a lot of overlap already. Decklist.
- Vetruvian – Golems are mostly dispel-proof. Some minor anti-synergy, but First Wish and Sandswirl are too good to cut. Decklist.
- Abyssian – Variax is a win condition that shrugs off dispel. Decklist.
- Magmar – Has good drawback minions in Erratic Raptyr and Haruspex. See decklist above.
- Vanar – Has the best drawback minions in Malicious Wisp and Meltwater Moose. Decklist.
Add a comment
Aerial Rift is much maligned as a card that doesn’t really do anything. In this deck, it does everything!
The big boys have come out to play. Uses no cards above rare.
Chain huge minions and dispel effects to control the board. Uses no cards above rare.
Timing of EMP
Bond Argeon 2k spirit by Kieran
Play Creatures with drawbacks that are easily dispelled away and reap the benefits while avoid the costs.
Every wizard’s nightmare: unfeeling, unrelenting golems. Plus they’re budget friendly! Uses no cards above rare.
The T H I C C Faie, cause she bae
The shell deck for all competitive Vanar decks you can play at S-Rank
Tempo is the name of the game sporting cards that clear the field while developing the board and maintaining your hand at the same time, mixed with faies inevitable BBs wincon.